December 3, 2015
- As we in the West prepare to welcome Christ the newborn King this Christmas, pray that the Lord will open the eyes and hearts of those who live in isolated places where no one has yet gone to tell them this Good News. Ask the Lord of the harvest to challenge many workers to go in to these dark places. Pray that God will open the eyes of those living in ignorance, to the saving Grace of Jesus Christ.
- Praise God for a good HFA Board Meeting in November. Pray that the board members will continually seek the Lord's guidance and direction for HFA, and be led by the Holy Spirit.
- One of our volunteers has been married recently. Pray for him and his new wife that the Lord will bless their marriage and give them a great start in their new life as a couple.
- Staff members recently had the opportunity to share the vision of HFA in two New Zealand churches. Thank the Lord for the keen interest shown by Christians there. Ask the Lord for more opportunities to share about the unreached living in isolation and present on HFA in churches in Australia.
- We give glory to God for supplying the daily needs of HFA in amazing ways since we last wrote. Ask the Lord to continue to provide the necessary funds for projects to continue.
- Pray for strength and good health for staff members working in the Himalayas, who are struggling to sleep well. Ask the Lord to aid their concentration, especially with language study. Blockades in the country are causing severe supply shortages and problems, making daily tasks difficult. Pray for a peaceful solution to this crisis.
- Praise God that a new HFA Association should be in operation in Switzerland by early next year. Pray for wisdom for the six members and the Holy Spirit's guidance as they complete the setting up process. Ask the Lord to mobilise many to pray for the unreached and for workers to hear His call to go and work amongst the unreached.
- Pray for our partners Voice of the Martyrs, as they continue to send Bibles in to a closed country. Ask the Lord to direct His Word to those whose hearts He has already prepared, and that they might find Salvation in Christ.
This category is a tool to raise awareness and pray for the unreached. Please note that HFA is not necessarily involved in reaching the people groups mentioned in this section.
The Yazidi people of Iraq
The Yazidis are monotheists, believing in God as creator of the world, which he has placed under the care of seven angels, the chief of whom is the Peacock Angel. Persecution among Kurdish Yazidi has caused many to disperse and most have settled in Germany and other parts of Europe.
- Pray that the Lord will call many of the Yazidi to himself.
- Pray for believers in Europe to reach out to the Yazidi with the Good News.
- Pray for other non-Kurdish Yazidis who also worship the Peacock Angel to hear the Gospel.
- Ask that believers among them to be accepted as Yazidis who believe in Jesus and not rejected as cultural traitors.
For more information go to: http://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/20455/IZ
Thank you! We truly appreciate your ongoing prayers! We would also love to hear from you if the Lord gives words of wisdom in response to these prayer requests.
If you would like to receive our frequent prayer updates via email, please send your details to Kelsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.