May 28, 2020
Thank you for praying for HFA! We have no need to fear disaster because our Lord holds us both now and for eternity. Please pray with us for people who don’t yet have the same hope and face disaster now.
Below you will find some of our recent prayer requests.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” – Philippians 4:9 (NIV)
- Progress on the waterdrone has continued.
- Praise God for providing for HFA especially in times like this.
- Praise God that lots of Bibles currently go into isolated places by air and sea!
- We are privileged to work with a network of organisations – thank Him for them.
- Praise God for other groups and ministries offering us help, designs and technology useful to spread the Word in restricted nations.
- The Board is still in need of a Secretary – please pray that someone will be able to take on this role.
- Pray for spiritual and physical protection for us and our partners overseas.
- We are commencing the construction of another water drone.
- Pray for favour in the Himalaya and South America so outreaches can continue.
- Please pray for the countries affected by the huge locust plague occurring now in the 10/40 window, causing starvation and problems far exceeding those of Covid-19.
This category is a tool to raise awareness and pray for the unreached. Please note that HFA is not necessarily involved in reaching the people groups mentioned in this section.
Brahmin in India
TYPE OF ISOLATION: Religious
The Brahmin are a large and well-off caste (social class) in India of over 58 million people, characterised as quintessential Hindu practitioners.
Although the last Indian census to record caste was in 1931, the caste system is still very much informally alive and influences job opportunities, marriage choices, and day-to-day perception of social groups and individuals.
While Brahmin people live all over India, many live in or near Mumbai on the western coast. Mumbai is in the state of Maharashtra, which has been one of the hardest hit by the coronavirus. The lockdown due to the virus is having widespread social repercussions, one of which is that thousands of day labourers in Mumbai have left the city on foot to return to their hometowns.
- Pray that their educational opportunities would reduce their religious isolation so the gospel can break through.
- Pray that the societal changes coming out of the crisis and lockdown would open the eyes of Brahmin people to the less well-off castes in India.
- Pray that, because of their respected status, Brahmin believers would have a multiplying effect on new believers in other castes.
- Pray for the many people who have been affected by Covid-19 in India, and especially in Maharashtra.
For more information, visit: Joshua Project page: Brahmin
Thank you for your ongoing prayers for HFA! We would love to hear from you if the Lord gives words of wisdom in response to these prayer requests. If you have any questions or comments, we can be contacted via the details on the ‘Contact Us’ main page.