June 11, 2020
Thank you for praying for HFA! We are committed to God’s call to reach all people, no matter the distance or difficulty, with his Good News that he cares about them and wants to save them. Please join us in prayer for this call.
Below you will find some of our recent prayer requests.
“Listen to me, my people; hear me, my nation: The law will go out from me; my justice will become a light to the nations. My righteousness draws near speedily, my salvation is on the way, and my arm will bring justice to the nations.” Isaiah 51:4-5a (NIV)
- Praise the Father for His patience and justice – patience for everyone to hear, and justice in His time.
- Praise God that people of all colours matter to Him. Jesus gave His life for all people regardless of where we live and how we look.
- We are grateful for good reports of how HFA technology is being used to bring the Gospel to isolated people groups.
- Praise God for audio Bibles used in different countries. What a blessing for people to listen to God’s word.
- One of our staff members has an elderly parent who is overseas with serious health issues – please pray for peace and salvation for him and that this staff member will be able to support him from a distance
- May we be reminded these days that Black Lives Matter indeed. It is because of this fact that we must share the Gospel also in places like Somalia or Eritrea, where it is less than convenient to do so.
- Pray for the Lord’s hand of protection over His work in Asia. Recent threats are serious but God rules over all.
- Please pray for wisdom as we deal with a number of “complicated” countries and needs God’s guidance on how to move forward each day.
Unreached People Group
This category is a tool to raise awareness and pray for the unreached. Please note that HFA is not necessarily involved in reaching the people groups mentioned in this section.
Arain in Pakistan
Type of isolation: POLITICAL & RELIGIOUS
11.5 million Arain people live in Pakistan, mainly closer to the southeast border with India than elsewhere. While several decades ago, Arain people usually worked in agriculture, now they are more often lawyers and many members of the Christian minority in the country work as field labourers instead.
While minority religious groups used to account for 15% of Pakistani society, increasing Islamisation and recurrent attacks has meant those who were able have moved away, and now Christians account for just 1.6% of the total population. There is no movement of Christians yet among Arain people.
- Pray that a strong sense of justice and knowledge of cases of past violence against Christians will cause Arain lawyers to uphold their plight and empathise with them.
- Pray for Christians in Pakistan to have joy in salvation in the face of daily pressure, and serve as an example.
- Pray that God will move Arain people to seek him rather than success.
- Pray that the Pakistani government will no longer tolerate attacks on Christians.
For more information, visit: Joshua Project link to people group
Thank you for your ongoing prayers for HFA! We would love to hear from you if the Lord gives words of wisdom in response to these prayer requests. If you have any questions or comments, we can be contacted via the details on the ‘Contact Us’ main page.