December 18, 2017
As this year draws to a close and we prepare to celebrate the birth of our Saviour, we would like to take a moment to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and thank you for your continued prayer support throughout the year.
We pray that this season would be one of joy and contentment for you and that God would continue to guide you and keep you into the New Year.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!
The HFA Team
- Praise God for HFA's recent Thanksgiving Dinner with staff and volunteers. We all enjoyed a wonderful evening of food, sharing and fellowship.
- Give thanks for unity and progress during a recent Board Meeting and the Annual General Meeting.
- Praise God for His continued provision of all the necessary tools and equipment. Last week we were given a really good welding machine.
- Praise God for every single person and the skills that they bring to this ministry, for which we are so grateful.
- Pray for ongoing staff and volunteer health issues and the care of ageing parents.
- Please pray for a successful outcome as we build a new mechanical device for Voice of the Martyrs, starting this week.
- Pray for our staff returning to Europe from the Himalayas for a medical procedure.
- Pray for a new sense of urgency to make Christ known to the ends of the earth.
- Pray for the upcoming Belgrave Heights Summer Convention (http://www.bhc.org.au/events/SummerConvention) and for HFA as we prepare to host another stall there this/next year.
This category is a tool to raise awareness and pray for the unreached. Please note that HFA is not necessarily involved in reaching the people groups mentioned in this section.
Romani, Domari in Iran
Iranian Romani (Domari) are often not included in official statistics because they have no permanent place of residence. They may be denied education because they have no identity card. They die in their single-room shabby houses as a result of simple diseases because they are deprived of healthcare facilities. Polygamy is a common practice among Iranian Romani. Families decide about their children's marriage, usually without consulting them. The two families exchange rings and the couple mostly in their teens start married life after a small party. Thus the marriage is not registered anywhere and offspring will have no identity card.
- Ask the Lord to call people who are willing to share Christ with the Romani.
- Ask God to strengthen, encourage, and protect the small number of Romani Christians.
- Pray that those Romani who know Christ will be bold witnesses of the Gospel to their own people.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to soften the hearts of Romani towards Christians so that they will be receptive to the Gospel.
- Pray that God will raise up intercessors who will stand in the gap for them.
- Ask the Lord to raise up strong local churches among the Middle East Romani.
For more information go to: https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/11597/IR
Thank you! We truly appreciate your ongoing prayers! We would also love to hear from you if the Lord gives words of wisdom in response to these prayer requests.
If you would like to receive our frequent prayer updates via email, please send your details to our team at email@example.com.