August 20, 2018
Thank you for praying for HFA! Below you will find some of our recent prayer requests.
- Give thanks for the calling we have to help share the gospel in isolated places and God’s provision in this call.
- Praise God for the upcoming wedding of a previous staff member. Ask for safe travel for those who will be attending internationally.
- Give thanks for protection and healing of staff members' health.
- Praise God for His grace and give thanks that it is sufficient.
- Please continue to pray for our staff members who are currently on a speaking tour in Europe. Ask that those who attend meetings will be receptive to the message.
- Ask that the Lord will continue to guide us and our partner organisations in our work.
- We currently have team members overseas dealing with family matters. Please ask that the Lord will guide and provide for them during this time.
- Please pray that God will provide for our staffing and organisational needs. We are looking for an additional Board Member and also a Deputy Director.
This category is a tool to raise awareness and pray for the unreached. Please note that HFA is not necessarily involved in reaching the people groups mentioned in this section.
Hazara in Afghanistan
The Hazara are a very large people group living in Afghanistan. Whilst some Hazara now live in major towns and cities their traditional homeland lies in central Afghanistan amid rugged mountains. Access to the Hazara's homeland is difficult in summer and virtually impossible in winter. There are very few Christians living amongst the Hazara people who are almost entirely Shi'ite Muslims. As Shi'ite Muslims, the Hazara are a minority among Afghanistan's dominant Sunni Muslims and they often experience discrimination due to their differences.
- Ask that a way can be found to effectively reach these people.
- Ask the Lord to call people who are willing to share Christ with the Hazara and to help meet their physical needs.
- Pray that the Christians who live near and among the Hazara will be bold in sharing their faith in Jesus.
For more information go to: https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12076/AF
Thank you! We truly appreciate your ongoing prayers! We would also love to hear from you if the Lord gives words of wisdom in response to these prayer requests.
If you would like to receive our frequent prayer updates via email, please send your details to our team at email@example.com or sign up below.