November 19, 2018
Thank you for praying for HFA! Below you will find some of our recent prayer requests.
Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” – Matthew 9:37-38
- Praise God for a safe journey and an open door for our staff while investigating possibilities in another restricted Himalayan country.
- Praise God that together with our partners in Asia, God has allowed many to receive Bibles this year. Pray that this seed will fall on good soil and that God will produce a rich harvest.
- Give thanks that our AGM could be held last week. Give thanks for the encouragement we have received by reflecting on what God has done this year through HFA.
- Give thanks that we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. What a privilege to bring this peace to remote and isolated communities.
- Application for our Deputy Director position closes today. Please pray that God will show us clearly which person we should select.
- Please pray for our partners Voice of the Martyrs in Asia as they are relocating the office today and need to get settled in the coming days.
- Pray for God’s will to be done in a specific country of operation as the Government considers laws that may impact the way we help bring the gospel to the unreached. Ask that God will continue to allow our partners to operate and that we can support their technical needs.
- Ask the Lord for wisdom as we discuss and make decisions regarding our work in the Himalaya over the next two weeks.
This category is a tool to raise awareness and pray for the unreached. Please note that HFA is not necessarily involved in reaching the people groups mentioned in this section.
Kumal of Nepal
The Kumals are scattered throughout Nepal and are regarded as one of the ancient indigenous peoples of Nepal. The traditional occupation of the Kumals is making clay pots, however these days they work in many different areas including agriculture and animal husbandry. There are very few Kumal Christians. The majority of Kumals are followers of Hinduism, worshipping many different gods including family gods, snake gods and forest gods.
- The Kumal of Nepal speak over 20 languages. Pray that evangelistic and church planting projects will be able to have the translations that they need.
- Pray for those who know and follow Christ among the Kumal community. Ask that they will be able to share their faith with their family and neighbours.
- Pray that the Kumal community will be given the gift of knowledge about the Saviour, Jesus Christ. Pray they will desire to worship the Creator, instead of created spirits.
For more information visit: https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12845/NP
Thank you! We truly appreciate your ongoing prayers! We would also love to hear from you if the Lord gives words of wisdom in response to these prayer requests.
If you would like to receive our frequent prayer updates via email, please send your details to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up below.