May 24, 2019
Thank you for praying for HFA! Below you will find some of our recent prayer requests.
“Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.” – 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NIV)
- Gives thanks that the team in South America are safe. They had a very challenging experience last week while flying a helicopter back to a remote mission station from the jungle. Due to bad weather, they had to seek an alternative landing site – a difficult task because of how dense the Amazon jungle is. The team stayed inside the helicopter all night, unable to get water from the nearby river or leave the safety of the helicopter due to snakes, jaguars and other animals. The team have since returned safely to civilisation, although a sick team member was later hospitalised. Thankfully, he continues to recover well.
- Praise God for a good start to the UK speaking tour. Give thanks that they have been able to share God’s call to reach the unreached.
- Work continues in our workshop on the waterdrone. Give thanks that progress can still be made even though our team is few in number with various staff members currently working overseas.
- Pray for outreach in the Amazon jungle. There are many people living there who have never even heard of Jesus. Ask God for His guidance on how to reach these people. Pray also for peace and healing for the South American team after such a challenging experience. Ask that He will do mighty things through these faithful servants.
- Please ask for courage as our team members in the UK speak. Pray that the Lord will convict those listening of the need to reach the unreached.
- We will have a stand in the missions’ display at the Men’s Convention at Belgrave Heights this weekend. Pray that God will be at work in these Men, calling them to do His will.
- As always, bring all the unreached before God. Ask the Lord to provide a way to reach them with His good news.
This category is a tool to raise awareness and pray for the unreached. Please note that HFA is not necessarily involved in reaching the people groups mentioned in this section.
Tsaatan in Mongolia
The Tsaatan are a small group of nomadic reindeer herders living in the north of Mongolia. Their reindeers are very important to them and are looked after as if they are part of their family. The reindeer are used for carrying items and also for their milk for drinking and producing yoghurt and cheeses. The people move from place to place during the year and live in ‘yurts’ which are round tents made mostly from tree bark. The Tsaatan worship creation and their ancestors, believing that the ghosts of ancestors live as animals and give them guidance.
- Pray that a way is found to share the gospel message with these people.
- Ask God to show them their need for a saviour.
For more information, visit: https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18992/MG
Thank you! We truly appreciate your ongoing prayers! We would also love to hear from you if the Lord gives words of wisdom in response to these prayer requests.
If you would like to receive our prayer updates via email, please send your details to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up below