August 12, 2019
Thank you for praying for HFA! Below you will find some of our recent prayer requests.
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. – Philippians 4:12-13 (NIV)
- Praise God that He is in control of everything – governments, politics, regulations, and even our crazy busy office!
- Give thanks that the electronic components on our waterdrone are complete. The waterdrone is getting closer to being ready for testing.
- We are grateful that audio devices for distribution have made it into the hands of our local contacts in the Himalaya.
- Praise God for His faithfulness to His people. There is such power and hope found in the name of Jesus.
- It’s speaking tour time of the year here at HFA. Now that two of our staff members have returned from speaking in the UK, another two are off to Singapore and Europe in the coming weeks. Please pray as preparations for the speaking tour are made. Ask that God will give guidance as sermons and slides are being organised.
- Our office is very busy at the moment with the introduction of new Australian charity regulations. Please pray as we work to ensure that we are in compliance.
- Pray that those who receive the audio devices in remote mountain villages will accept Jesus as their saviour.
- Please pray for strength and encouragement for our whole team. With so much going on, it is easy to become worn out and frustrated with complications.
This category is a tool to raise awareness and pray for the unreached. Please note that HFA is not necessarily involved in reaching the people groups mentioned in this section.
Dahalik in Eritrea
Eritrea is a small country that forms part of the Horn of Africa. There is severe government oppression in Eritrea and evangelical Christians face persecution. Just off the coast of Eritrea’s mainland is a group of islands inhabited by people who speak the Dahalik language. These islanders are mostly Muslims however they also hold some animistic beliefs. There are no know Christians living among the islanders and no known translations of the Bible into the Dahalik language. However, there are few islanders who speak only the Dahalik language, with most people being multilingual which may be helpful for sharing the gospel with these people.
- Pray that the Eritrean government will care for their people, providing them with more freedoms, safety and security.
- Ask that evangelistic workers and missionaries will be welcome in Eritrea.
- Pray for protection for those who accept the gospel.
For more information, visit: https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/20565/ER
Thank you! We truly appreciate your ongoing prayers! We would also love to hear from you if the Lord gives words of wisdom in response to these prayer requests.
If you would like to receive our prayer updates via email, please send your details to our team at email@example.com or sign up below.