August 8, 2016
"Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work." – Oswald Chambers
At HFA we EXPERIENCE that this is a fact; so we continue to pray knowing our work cannot bear fruit without it. The Apostle Paul entreats us to "Pray without ceasing." 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Thank you for joining us and praying for the work of Hope from Above.
HFA will have a display stand at the upcoming ReachOut Missions Conference in Katoomba, New South Wales from 12-14th August. "ReachOut conference seeks to help Christians become fully engaged in God’s global mission by sharing in our passion for His purposes."
- Pray for the many people who will attend this conference.
- Ask that God will challenge the hearts of those who come to be more involved in prayer and action to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth.
- Pray for HFA staff, that God will guide the conversations that happen over the weekend. Pray that we may be directed by God in all our interactions.
Projects and Partners
For some time now, our engineers have been brainstorming a new project utilising technology to get Bibles in to unreached areas by sea. Places such as the Horn of Africa are very difficult and dangerous to reach in other ways.
In the 1980's Brother Andrew had a similar idea: he used barges to get Bibles in to Communist China. Through Project Pearl, just under 1 million Bibles were delivered to the mainland and successfully distributed all over the country.
Today there are many new and exciting technologies available, that were unknown in Brother Andrew's time, but would have been helpful. Our engineers are working on adapting such tools for our purposes.
- Pray for the engineers as they research these tools. Ask that God will guide them and direct their plans.
- Pray that resources will be available to continue this work.
- Pray that through the development of this project, many more people will be able to receive the life-saving Word of God, in print, or by other appropriate means.
This category is a tool to raise awareness and pray for the unreached. Please note that HFA is not necessarily involved in reaching the people groups mentioned in this section.
The Somali peoples of Somalia
Somalia is also known as the Horn of Africa and is home to 22 People Groups, 20 of whom remain unreached according to the Joshua Project. Somalia is a failed state and anarchy reigns. It is officially Sunni and most areas have harsh Sharia law; the murder of Christians is commonplace. Women in Somalia are especially vulnerable to abuse. There is a small underground church in Somalia but missionaries are having greater success reaching the large number of Somali refugees.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to soften the hearts of Somalis so that they will be receptive to the Gospel.
- Ask God to touch the hearts of Christians in northern Ethiopia so that they would be willing to share God's love with the Somali's in the southern provinces.
- Ask God to anoint the Gospel as it goes forth via radio and television to the Somali, and through the use of the Jesus film.
- Pray for the small number of Somali Christians, who are greatly despised by their people.
For more information go to: http://legacy.joshuaproject.net/people-profile.php?peo3=14983&rog3=SO