October 5, 2017
Thank you for praying for HFA! Below you will find some of our recent prayer requests.
- Praise God that our volunteer is coping well with his chemotherapy treatment. Praise God too, for good progress with the water drone development, despite his sickness.
- Praise God for the fact that He is faithful. Pray that we will be faithful tools in his hands as well.
- Pray for an upcoming Bible transport in the Himalayas; for wisdom and guidance in the planning process.
- Pray for staff overseas on a speaking tour in Europe. Pray for open hearts and that the Lord would speak through our staff. It is our desire to mobilise people for missions specifically amongst the unreached.
- Pray for visa issues, serious physical and mental health issues and many other struggles faced by our team. These things threaten to rob joy, courage and progress. It is fair to say that some of our people feel discouraged and need the Lord's intervention on a personal level.
- Pray for us Christians not to forget about the ~ 2’000’000’000 people worldwide, who have never heard of Jesus. May Christ's command to go and share our Saviour be as much on our minds as other political and social causes these days; which can so easily sidetrack us from doing just that.
This category is a tool to raise awareness and pray for the unreached. Please note that HFA is not necessarily involved in reaching the people groups mentioned in this section.
Namassej, in Bangladesh
Some Namasudra own land and are engaged in cultivation, but a large number are daily-wage workers. Rickshaw-pulling, poultry farming and goat-rearing are secondary occupations. They profess Hinduism, and worship Lakshmi and Parameshwar. Their literacy rate, according to the 1981 census, is 29%. If the Gospel of Christ comes to them only in printed form the literacy rate will be a problem.
- Pray that material in audio and visual forms will become available for use as literacy rates are low.
- There are a few people in the Namasudra community who identify themselves as Christians. Pray they will come to truly trust in Christ, and follow him obediently.
- Pray they understand that to be a Christian means more than cultural identification.
- Pray the Namasudra community will make schooling a priority for their children, and will be able to care adequately for their families.
- Pray for health care, clean water, and sufficient food.
For more information go to: https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/17756/BG
Thank you! We truly appreciate your ongoing prayers! We would also love to hear from you if the Lord gives words of wisdom in response to these prayer requests.
If you would like to receive our frequent prayer updates via email, please send your details to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.