October 17, 2017
Thank you for praying for HFA! Below you will find some of our recent prayer requests.
- Give thanks that our our volunteer who is undergoing chemotherapy is responding well to the treatment and continues to do incredible work despite his illness.
- As we approach the end of yet another year, let's reflect on all the things that we have to be thankful for! God is an awesome God!
- Please continue to pray for wisdom and protection for those involved with the bible transport in the Himalayas.
- Pray for HFA staff members who are currently overseas on a speaking tour. Pray for good health and stamina as they approach the end of their trip.
- Pray that God would continue provide healing and rest among HFA staff, volunteers and their families.
- Please pray especially for the health and wellbeing of some of our members' ageing parents. Pray that they would be encouraged and experience God's love, guidance and care in challenging times.
- Please pray for wisdom and guidance as talks of a potential new HFA network organisation presents itself.
- Pray that God would continue to provide for our every need and that we would put our trust in Him, no matter the circumstance.
- Pray for wisdom and clarity at a speaking engagement this coming weekend, where the speaker only has 7 minutes to present.
This category is a tool to raise awareness and pray for the unreached. Please note that HFA is not necessarily involved in reaching the people groups mentioned in this section.
Dabarre, in Somalia
Located in southern Somalia between the Juba and Shebelle Rivers, the Dabarre (Mirifle) speak Af-Dabarre from the Afro-Asiatic language family. Many also speak Arabic as a secondary or trade language. They are virtually all Muslim and although they are quite orthodox in their religious practices, few have a deep understanding of their faith. Currently, they have no Christian resources available to them, and no missions agency is currently working among them. The majority have not had a chance to hear a clear presentation of the Gospel. Much prayer and evangelistic work are needed to lead these Muslims to the Truth.
- Ask the Lord of the harvest to send loving Christians to share the Truth with the Dabarre.
- Ask the Lord to save key leaders among the Dabarre who will profess Jesus as Lord.
- Ask God to raise up prayer teams who will begin breaking up the soil through worship and intercession.
- Pray that strong local churches will be raised up among the Dabarre.
For more information go to: https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/13735/SO
Thank you! We truly appreciate your ongoing prayers! We would also love to hear from you if the Lord gives words of wisdom in response to these prayer requests.
If you would like to receive our frequent prayer updates via email, please send your details to our team at email@example.com.