December 10, 2018
Thank you for praying for HFA! Below you will find some of our recent prayer requests.
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." – John 15:5
- Praise God for good news from our partners in South America. There has been much fruit from their helicopter outreach trial earlier this year. The harvest is certainly ripe! In one village, a church has formed since the trial and attendance is increasing.
- Give thanks that we could meet with Reach Beyond last week to discuss ways to bring the gospel to an isolated country in the Himalaya.
- Praise God for His provision this year. He has been so faithful in many different ways.
- Praise God for His saving grace and give thanks that He allows us to take part in telling others.
- Governments have a huge impact on how we are able to share the gospel. Please pray that God will continue to move governments to allow the gospel to be preached to isolated people groups.
- Ask God for wisdom and guidance as we continue the process of appointing a Deputy Director.
- Please pray for a local team in the Himalaya that is currently testing technology for us to determine the next steps.
- Continue to pray for wisdom and discernment on how to design, build and introduce aviation and technology solutions to reach isolated people for Christ. Every need is different and every challenge requires another approach. We need God’s guidance daily!
This category is a tool to raise awareness and pray for the unreached. Please note that HFA is not necessarily involved in reaching the people groups mentioned in this section.
Hausa in Nigeria
The Hausa are almost entirely Muslims and are one of the largest people groups in West Africa. Thirty percent of all Hausa can be found in the north and northwest regions of Nigeria. These northern regions of Nigeria are strongly Islamic and there has been much hostility to the Christians that live in the south of Nigeria. In comparison to some other African tribes, the Hausa have reasonable standards of health care. However, nearly one-third are unemployed, and only about half of the population can read and write. The average life expectancy of a Nigerian is only 53 years.
- Pray that Christian converts would be bold in the face of family pressure and persecution.
- Ask the Lord to raise up loving Christians who are willing to share Christ with the Hausa.
- Ask God to encourage and protect the small number of Hausa believers.
- Pray that the physical needs of the Hausa will be met with improved education and access to health care.
For more information, visit: https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12070/NI
Thank you! We truly appreciate your ongoing prayers! We would also love to hear from you if the Lord gives words of wisdom in response to these prayer requests.
If you would like to receive our frequent prayer updates via email, please send your details to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up below.