February 24, 2020
Thank you for praying for HFA! Below you will find some of our recent prayer requests.
“Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together.” Isaiah 40:4-5 (NIV)
- Praise God that our request for unproblematic shipping of technology to Asia has been answered – packages have arrived in good order.
- Thank God for a successful day testing the waterdrone last week; we made some progress again.
- Thank our ultimate Director for His guidance of our Board! Our most recent Board meeting covering several policy decisions went well.
- Praise God that more people, especially in Europe, are embracing the vision of HFA and are excited about what God is doing!
- Pray for the hassle-free shipping of more technology, to be used for Bible transports to isolated people groups in Asia.
- Pray as we troubleshoot a fault on the waterdrone that appeared during last week’s testing.
- Please continue to bring our need for a Chief Operating Officer before the Lord. We ask that He would send and appoint the right person for the job.
- Please continue to pray about the coronavirus and ask that our upcoming travel will not be impacted. God is sovereign over all health and disease. Continue to pray for His will to be done.
Unreached People Group
This category is a tool to raise awareness and pray for the unreached. Please note that HFA is not necessarily involved in reaching the people groups mentioned in this section.
Alak in Laos
The Alak people (worldwide population 26,000) live mainly in southern Laos, along with similar people groups including the Katu, Talieng, Lavae, Ngai, and Ta Oi. A lack of roads means these communities are difficult to visit, and sometimes the only practical means of transport may be by elephant!
Audio Bible teachings exist for 5 Alak dialects, but they have yet to reach wide circulation.
- Pray that God will build strong multi-ethnic churches among the Non-Khmer groups in Laos.
- Pray that God’s word will spread by word of mouth and audio technology in these areas!
- Pray for the spread of the gospel in the remote parts of South East Asia.
For more information, visit: Joshua Project page for the Alak
*NB: Our apologies that the Joshua Project link provided in the last Prayer Update was incorrect. The link has been corrected on the website post of the Prayer Update.*
Thankyou for taking the time to become aware and explore Joshua Project’s work!
We invite you to become an Associate Member of Hope From Above Inc. today! As an Associate Member you:
- Embrace the HFA Inc. faith statement; and
- Commit to pray for HFA Inc.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you! We truly appreciate your ongoing prayers. We would also love to hear from you if the Lord gives words of wisdom in response to these prayer requests.
If you would like to receive our prayer updates via email, please sign up below.